rspec-2.9.0 is released wtih lots of bug fixes and a few minor feature improvements as well. Enjoy!
rspec-core-2.9.0 / 2012-03-17
- Support for “X minutes X seconds” spec run duration in formatter. (uzzz)
- Strip whitespace from group and example names in doc formatter.
- Removed spork-0.9 shim. If you’re using spork-0.8.x, you’ll need to upgrade to 0.9.0.
- Ensure that values passed to
config.filter_runare respected when running over DRb (using spork).
- Ensure shared example groups are reset after a run (as example groups are).
rescue falsefrom calls to filters represented as Procs
- Ensure described_class gets the closest constant (pyromaniac)
- In “autorun”, don’t run the specs in the at_exit hook if there was an exception (most likely due to a SyntaxError). (sunaku)
- Don’t extend groups with modules already used to extend ancestor groups.
itscorrectly memoizes nil or false values (Yamada Masaki)
rspec-expectations-2.9.0 / 2012-03-17
- Move built-in matcher classes to RSpec::Matchers::BuiltIn to reduce pollution of RSpec::Matchers (which is included in every example).
- Autoload files with matcher classes to improve load time.
method_missingin DSL-defined matchers.
- Clear out user-defined instance variables between invocations of DSL-defined matchers.
- Dup the instance of a DSL generated matcher so its state is not changed by subsequent invocations.
- Treat expected args consistently across positive and negative expectations (thanks to Ralf Kistner for the heads up)
rspec-mocks-2.9.0 / 2012-03-17
- Support order constraints across objects (preethiramdev)
- Allow a
as_null_objectto be passed to
- Pass proc to block passed to stub (Aubrey Rhodes)
- Initialize child message expectation args to match any args (#109 – preethiramdev)
rspec-rails-2.9.0 / 2012-03-17
- add description method to RouteToMatcher (John Wulff)
- Run “db:test:clone_structure” instead of “db:test:prepare” if Active Record’s schema format is “:sql”. (Andrey Voronkov)
mock_model(XXX).as_null_object.unknown_methodreturns self again
- Generated view specs use different IDs for each attribute.